The First Barbie...

Wednesday, August 6, 2008


I know that everyone is very crazy about Barbie dolls( ie,. From children to teenagers ). So all of us will be eager to know about this doll and the inventor of the doll. The Barbie doll was invented in 1959 by Ruth Handler (co-founder of Mattel), whose own daughter was called Barbara. Barbie was introduced to the world at the American Toy Fair in New York City. The doll was intended to be a teenage fashion doll. There has been some controversy over Barbie's figure when it realized that if Barbie was a real person her measurements would be an impossible 36-18-38. The Ken doll was named after Ruth's son. Barbie first had bendable legs in 1965. Additional info about its sales is, in every second of every day, two Barbie dolls are sold somewhere in the world. Thus barbie rocks…

2 comments:

  1. Sandi said...

    Oh yes, I remember my first Barbie - an original! I wish I still had her.
    Yes, I'll gladly add you to my list of blogs if you reciprocate.

    Sandi

    August 17, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

  2. LyndaP31 said...

    I am very interested in your blog! I would like to share links with you.

    August 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment